I’ve revamped the hamster graphics library (the pygtk/cairo abstraction thing).
What it means is, that you can do this:
In 110 lines.
I’m no good with hype lingo, but here is approximately what you get
- mouse events (over, out, shape-accurate click, dragging)
- frame-based and on-demand animation
- little bits that will make your life easier (setting color in hex, having basic shapes that accept stroke and fill color at your disposal)
- drawing without waiting for cairo context (stop caring about on-expose)
- but when necessary – fall back to the cairo context (the “cr.” bit in all good examples) and perform low-level instructions there
- and last but not least – depending just on a single file